Common Good City Farm offers a six week long paid Summer Youth Program for youth ages 14-17. The 2016 Summer Youth Program will run from June 27 to August 5. Youth who complete the summer program are eligible to apply for a 6 week paid Fall and Spring Internship.
During Common Good City Farm's Summer Youth Program, the youth farm on urban land, build raised garden beds, and prepare community lunches for neighbors, youth, and staff to come together to share the harvest. Youth also participate in workshops every week on issues of diversity awareness, hunger and homelessness, sustainable agriculture, and personal reflection.
To apply for the 2016 Summer Youth Program, you must:
New Opportunity for Former Summer Youth Program Participants!
Individuals who have previously participated in Common Good City Farm’s Summer Youth Program are now eligible to participate in the program again as an Assistant Team Leader! Participants will continue to gain knowledge about sustainable urban farming/gardening, food access, and workforce readiness AND take on a leadership role within the program.
To be hired, you must:
• Have completed Common Good City Farm’s Summer Youth Program in 2012, 2013, 2014, or 2015
• Be under 20 years old (if you are 20 or older, please consider applying to be a Team Leader, application coming in March)
• Be able to attend the entire six week Summer Program, which runs from Monday June 27th through Friday, August 5th
• Enroll in the DC Department of Employment Services Summer Youth Employment Program and select placement at Common Good City Farm. Click HERE to learn more and enroll in the SYEP program
• Complete the pre-application and return by Friday, May 15, 2016. Click HERE to download the pre-application.
Now accepting applications for the 2016 Spring Internship (former SYP participants 18 years old or under, only). Please download and complete the application, HERE
Highlights from the 2014 Spring Internship can be found here: http://commongoodcityfarm.org/node/226.