Common Good City Farm offers a six week long paid Summer Youth Program for youth ages 14-17. The 2017 Summer Youth Program will run from June 26 to August 4. Youth who complete the summer program are eligible to apply for a 6 week paid Fall and Spring Internship.
During Common Good City Farm's Summer Youth Program, the youth build personal, social, and professional skills while working on our urban farm, running their own farm stand, preparing lunches, and learning about sustainable agriculture, food access, cooking & nutrition, and workplace readiness.
To apply for the 2017 Summer Youth Program, you must:
Opportunity for Former Summer Youth Program Participants
Individuals who have previously participated in Common Good City Farm’s Summer Youth Program are eligible to participate in the program again as an Assistant Team Leader! Participants will continue to gain knowledge about sustainable urban farming/gardening, food access, and workforce readiness AND take on a leadership role within the program.
To be hired, you must:
• Have completed Common Good City Farm’s Summer Youth Program in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
• Be under 20 years old (if you are 20 or older, please consider applying to be a Team Leader, application coming soon)
• Be able to attend the entire six week Summer Program, which runs from Monday June 26th through Friday, August 4th
• Enroll in the DC Department of Employment Services Summer Youth Employment Program and select placement at Common Good City Farm. Click HERE to learn more and enroll in the SYEP program
• Complete the pre-application and return by Friday, May 12, 2017. Click HERE to download the pre-application.